- The LHD is packaged as a single Linux patch with an associated readme file.
- Supports the controller in both PCI-X and PCI based configurations.
- Supports E2FSPROGS to validate use of the File System interface and that it connects to the LHD correctly
- Supports direct connection for formatting, partitioning, etc. via FDISK
- Compatible with the standard Linux host-based software RAID as available in the Linux kernel.
- Supports four (4) drives being simultaneously accessed from one GD31244.
- The Linux OS supports both PCI IDE and DPA modes of the GD31244, although not simultaneously.
- The LHD is a Loadable Module.
Note: The production driver has been design and validated on Red Hat Linux 8.0.
1 The Linux patch function supports integrating all of the changes made into a baseline linux kernel.