Apply this patch if you experience the following symptoms:
While downloading the last recording from the Intel® Play™ Computer Sound Morpher to the computer, an error message appears stating: "The download has been aborted". Subsequently, the last recording fails to download.
Who Should Download and Install this Patch:
Customers who have the Intel® Play™ Computer Sound Morpher product (file version 22.214.171.124). To check which file version you have:
1. Click on the Start button and select 'Find' then 'Files or Folders...'
2. In the 'Named:' field, type in (including the double quotation marks): "computer sound morpher.exe"
3. In the 'Look in:' field, select: (C:)
4. Click on the 'Find Now' button
5. One file should be found. It may list with the name: "Computer Sound Morpher"
6. Right-click on the single file that was found and select 'Properties'
7. Click on the Version tab
8. The File version will be listed at the top.
How to Apply this Patch:
1. Download the STLAUDIO.DLL file into a temporary folder on your hard drive
2. Open Windows* Explorer by clicking on the Start button and selecting 'Programs' then 'Windows Explorer'
3. In Windows Explorer, browse to the temporary folder that holds the downloaded copy of the STLAUDIO.DLL file. If this file is not show, Windows Explorer is probably configured to hide certain files. To un-hide files:
a. Click on the 'View' drop-down menu
b. Select 'Folder Options...'
c. Click on the 'View' tab
d. Under 'Files and Folders' and 'Hidden Files', select 'Show all files'
e. Click OK
4. In the temporary folder, right-click on the STLAUDIO.DLL file and select 'Copy'
5. Browse to the C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMPUTER SOUND MORPHER folder
6. Right-click on the COMPUTER SOUND MORPHER folder and select 'Paste'. When you are asked if you want to replace the existing file, click Yes
7. The downloaded copy of the STLAUDIO.DLL that is located in the temporary folder can be deleted. Windows Explorer can be closed.