This self-extracting archive contains the Setup program for the Intel® Personal Audio Player 3000. It includes the drivers for the Intel® Personal Audio Player 3000, Intel® Audio Manager 2.0, Intel® Faceplate Designer and MusicMatch Jukebox 6.1.
This download is approximately 55MB in size and is provided as is by Intel Corporation as a benefit to our customers. Due to the image's large download size, Intel Customer Support cannot provide assistance or troubleshooting should you have difficulties completing the download. Approximate download times are:
Download Speed: Time Required
56K Modem: 3 hours
100K/sec: 9 minutes
300K/sec: 3 minutes
Unless you are using a high-speed Internet connection, Intel recommends purchasing the installation CD through our Pay for Spares program at //support.intel.com/support/peripherals/
Downloading and installing this software
- Download and save AP3000_ENG.EXE to a temporary location on your computer.
- Go to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the file name. The contents of the CD image will be extracted into the default location of C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\AP3000SOFTWARE\.
- Go to the C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\AP3000SOFTWARE\ directory and double-click SETUP.EXE.
- Follow the Setup prompts. Restart your computer when Setup is complete.
Notes for owners of the Intel® Pocket Concert™ Audio Player
- Intel® Audio Manager 2.0 and Intel® Faceplate Designer were specifically designed for use only with the Intel® Personal Audio Player 3000. However, owners of the Intel® Pocket Concert™ Audio Player can download and install this software.
- Re-ordering Songs Already on the Player -- The "re-order songs" feature is built-in to the Intel® Personal Audio Player 3000. Owners of the Intel® Pocket Concert™ Audio Player who upgrade from Audio Manager 1.0 to 2.0 will not be able to take advantage of this feature because the player's firmware does not support it. All other Audio Manager 2.0 features are available to owners of Intel® Pocket Concert™ Audio Player.
- Intel® Faceplate Designer -- This software download includes both the Intel® Audio Manager 2.0 software and the Intel® Faceplate Designer software combined in one Setup program. After installation, you will find two new icons on your desktop: Intel Audio Manager 2.0 and Intel Faceplate Designer. Intel® Faceplate Designer allows you to make custom faceplates for the Intel® Personal Audio Player 3000. If you have the Intel® Pocket Concert™ Audio Player, you will not need Intel® Faceplate Designer software and may delete its icon from your desktop.