Version: 5.12.01.3620 Rev D
This SoftPaq contains the audio driver for the desktop models and operating systems listed that have the ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Controller.
- Customers using SoundMax II (Drivers 126.96.36.19909 or earlier) will lose Sensuara 3D algorithm Support.
- Adds support for new products.
- Removes setup configuration steps that were confusing in SoftPaq SP24871.
- Respective Intel, VIa or Nvidia Chipset supported INF must be installed prior to installing this audio driver.
- For Intel chipsets (ICH2, 4 or 5) use SoftPaq SP24297 or later.
- For Nvidia chipsets (MCP1, 2 or CK8) use SoftPaq SP24324 or later.
- DirectX 6 or higher should be installed prior to installation of audio drivers from this Softpaq.
- If you use Compaq System Software Manager (SSM) you must be using version 1.50 or later.
- For more information on Compaq SSM and to obtain the latest version of Compaq SSM please use the following URL: //www.compaq.com/im/ssmwp.html
HOW TO USE:
- Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Numberlisted on at the top of this document.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
- To install: Execute the setup.exe file unpacked in step 2; The default location is C:swsetupSP27103, unless otherwise modified during step 2.
- After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.