You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.34 to Ver.1.36
1. The specific period of time for auto cleaning execution has been modified.
There could be a case that cleaning failure occurs on the color side when printing only with monochrome. To address this issue, the period of time for auto cleaning execution on the color side has been modified as follows.
Before: Auto cleaning is executed within the specific period of time depending on the usage environment (temperature/humidity).
After: Auto cleaning is executed on a regular basis.
Modifications from Ver.1.00 to Ver.1.05
1. Enhancement and improvement of HP-GL/2 function have been implemented. (iPF765)
Following setting items have been added to the HP-GL/2 menu on the control panel.
- [Over Size]: Function to print with setting margins
- [Print Centered]: Function to print in the center of media
- [Enlarge/Reduce]: Function to configure the scale factor (25%-400%)
- [Line width correction]: Function to set correction value of line width
(Target line width can be configured with [Pen Setup])
- [Detect image size]: Function to analyze image data and detect image size
Along with the addition of the setting items above, the function of
[Page Size Process 1] and [Page Size Process 2] have been deleted.
2. Fixed the failure that white line appears on the image under a certain condition.
3. Fixed the failure that the printer does not recover normally when recovering from Sleep Mode.
4. Fixed the problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting is not processed correctly.
5. Maximum sleep timer setting has been changed. [240min] --> [210min]
* Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications
that are running.
* Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network,
make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
* Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish
before you execute the version update program.
* Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
* If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM,
you may not be able to start the printer. In this case,
contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the imagePROGRAF FirmUpdate file.
The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) Execute the installed imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.