You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.08 to Ver.1.12
1. The functions of HP-GL/2 have been enhanced and improved.
The followings show the configuration settings added to the menu of HP-GL/2 on the operation panel of the printer.
- Oversize: Sets the positions of the margins.
- Print centered: Sets the printing position on the paper.
- Enlarge/Reduce: Sets the enlargement or reduction.
- Ln wdth correct: Corrects the width of lines. (The basic line width is set using the Pen Setup function)
- Detect img size: Sets the method for selecting the rendering region.
Along with the addition of the settings above, functions of [PageSizeProcess1] and [PageSizeProcess2] have been deleted.
Modifications from Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.08
1. The problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting was not processed correctly has been fixed.
2. Shutdown timer function has been added.
After the printer goes into Sleep Mode, power will be turned off automatically when the situation that the printer is not operated continues until the time being set in advance by operation panel.
Setup time:OFF/ 5 min./ 10 min./ 30 min./ 1 hour/ 4 hours/ 8 hours*/ 12 hours *Initial value when updating version.
Modifications from Ver.1.00/Ver.1.01 to Ver.1.04
1. The fairly infrequent failure of printer not being able to retrieve from sleep mode properly has been fixed.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network, make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, you may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.