You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.10 to Ver.1.11
1. The problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting was not processed correctly has been fixed.
Modifications from Ver.1.09 to Ver.1.10
1.The automatic maintenance operation of printhead has been optimized.
Modifications from Ver.1.06 to Ver.1.09
1. The specification for leading edge feeding for Premium Plain Paper has been changed.
Install Media Confuguration Tool Ver.3.42(Windos)/3.43(MacOSX), and run it to add the media information.
2. The error of file name in FTP printing has been fixed.
3. The problem in the recovery operation in paper-out condition has been fixed.
4. In HP-GL2, a lower roll paper has been added to the paper feed slot.
Modifications from Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.06
1.The problem that a printing failure would occur in some CAD applications depending of the setting has been fixed.
2.The problem that "2F26" error would be indicated in rare cases when using the paper width detection "OFF" has been fixed.
Modifications from Ver.1.03 to Ver.1.04
1. In case the nozzles are clogged, formerly you would stop printing and check the printout, and then continue printing by pressing the Online key.
Now it automatically checks the level of clogging, and if it is possible to print it will continue printing,
and if it needs a printhead replacement, it will display a Replace Printhead message.
2.This modification will greatly improve the workability.
- [Paper Details]/[Return Defaults] function has been fixed.
- Some functions in the HP-GL/2 have been improved.
* Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications
that are running.
* Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network,
make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
* Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish
before you execute the version update program.
* Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
* If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM,
you may not be able to start the printer. In this case,
contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the imagePROGRAF FirmUpdate file.
The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) Execute the installed imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.