EOS-1D Mark III Firmware Version 1.3.2 [Mac OS X]
Firmware Version 1.3.2 for the Canon EOS-1D Mark III camera incorporates the following fixes:
1. Resolves the following phenomenon: when the camera is not attached to a lens, power consumption may be higher than usual, causing premature battery drain.
2. Resolves a phenomenon in which "Err 70" may be displayed when the shutter is released without a lens attached.
Firmware Version 1.3.2 is for EOS-1D Mark III cameras with firmware version 1.3.1 or earlier. If your camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Before updating your camera's firmware, please review the instructions thoroughly.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
* Extracting the downloaded file:
The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder.
The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 1D300132.FIR / file size: 10,247,372 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in two languages: English and Japanese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
Q: Are the previous versions of firmware included in version 1.3.2?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous versions are included.
Changes in Version 1.3.1
1. Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X lens and an Extender, whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
Changes in Version 1.3.0
1. It has become compatibleEnables compatibility with Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 II, which was released in late December, 2009.
* Changes from previous versions (Ver. 1.3.0 or before) are included.