BIOS version 1.60 upgrade for PORTÉGÉ 3410CT;3440CT
Support Models : Portégé 3440CT
The following problem is corrected with this BIOS upgrade:
1) IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PCMCIA CARDS
If you leave a PCMCIA card in the PCMCIA slot of your PC system during initial boot, the PC system BIOS will detect the PCMCIA card and send a 5 Volt electric potential to the PCMCIA slot. If the PCMCIA card in the slot has a 16bit/3.3V configuration, it is possible that the 5 Volt electric potential could damage the PCMCIA card. Please check your PCMCIA card, the user manual or contact the card manufacturer/supplier to determine the specific configuration of your PCMCIA card. If you use or expect to use a 16bit/3.3V PCMCIA card, we strongly recommend that you download a modified BIOS from Toshiba's web site to your PC system prior to using the 16 bit/3.3V card in order to avoid any possible damage. PCMCIA cards that offer a 16bit/5.0V, 16 bit/3.3V and 5.0V dual support or Card Bus Cards are not affected.
[Points to be noted for rewite BIOS]
Please note before updating the BIOS of your notebook computer:
* AC adaptor must be used in the upgrade process.
* The machine MUST be in BOOT mode, not Resume mode.
* Any power on passwords must be disabled.
* All PCMCIA cards must be removed from the system prior to upgrading the BIOS.
* The notebook computer must not be attached to any type of docking device.
Unzip the file to a floppy diskette. To update BIOS, press F12 while booting up machine from this diskette.