This file is a printer driver for Canon IJ printers.
The following problem has been rectified:
- The ink level information is not displayed in [Supply Levels] when the printer driver is upgraded to v10.67.1.0.
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X v.10.7 has been added as a supported OS.
- The internal modules have been updated.
- In the [Quality & Media] panel, the display of the options of [Print Quality] has been changed from the
radio button to the drop-down menu.
- Supports OS X v10.6.
- The following problem has been rectified:
When coexisting with the printer driver for the '08 Fall MP980 and before (v7.13.0), a communication error occurs in those printer drivers, and printing cannot be performed.
1.This driver does not have the Russian / Polish / Portuguese help files and readme ones.
2.[OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8]
When overwriting the old version, the version number of the driver displayed in [Options & supplies] of [Print & Fax] may not be updated.
In the [Print & Fax] window, click the "+" button to register the queue of the applicable driver again after clicking the "-" button to delete the queue of the applicable driver.
3.[OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8]
The numbers in Start time / End time in Quiet Mode of Canon IJ Printer Utilities may not be changed when users specify them on the keyboard.
Specify the time using the arrow buttons.
4.[OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8]
When ColorSync is selected in Color Matching, no operation can be performed in Color Options. All the items other than Sample Type are grayed out.
5.[OS X v10.7, 10.8]
When printing from TextEdit or Preview, the [Do not show again.] checkbox of the message box displayed on the print dialog does not operate properly. Even after selecting [Do not show again.], the message box is displayed.
6.[OS X v10.7, 10.8]
Immediately after the OS installation, when launching the driver’s help from TextEdit or Preview without printing, the message "The selected topic is currently unavailable..." is displayed. Therefore, the driver’s help is not displayed.
Try either of the following method:
- Launch the driver’s help after printing.
- Launch the help from the application software other than TextEdit and Preview, then open the driver’s help.
7.[OS X v10.5, 10.8]
Printing using Bluetooth connection cannot be performed.
8.[OS X v10.5, 10.6]
When printing using AirMac via USB cable, the print speed may become slow.
(Case 1) Application: Preview
(Case 2) Application: Text Editor
OS X v10.5.8
(Case 1) CUPS driver: Approx. 9 min. Legacy driver: Approx. 1 min.
(Case 2) CUPS driver: Approx. 30 sec. Legacy driver: Approx. 30 sec.
OS X v10.6.8
(Case 1) CUPS driver: Approx. 8 min.
(Case 2) CUPS driver: Approx. 5 min.
Procedures for the download and installation
1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files will be saved on the computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the .pkg file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.