You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.37
- The accuracy of checking the print head for cloggings has been improved.
In rare cases, there may have been occasions in which a hardware error occurs even when there was no clogging in the print head.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network, make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, you may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.