You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.51 to Ver.1.52
1. The problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting was not processed correctly has been fixed.
Modifications from Ver.1.47 to Ver.1.51
1. The control of waste ink has been optimized.
2. The infrequent failure that a job sent during transition to sleep mode might be cancelled has been fixed.
3. The fairly infrequent failure of printer not retrieving from sleep mode has been fixed.
Modifications from Ver.1.39 to Ver.1.47
1. A new print mode has been added for Glossy Paper/ Coated Paper/ Plain Paper.
2. The failure of recovery operation when out of paper has been fixed.
*To use the new function, you need to install the following software:
Printer Driver: Ver.4.40
Media Configuration Tool: Ver.2.8404
* You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
* Before You start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
* Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running. If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before You execute the version update program.
* Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
* If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, You may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where You purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.