You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.36
- The counting method of the internal counter was optimized to improve reliability.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network, make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, you may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the imagePROGRAF FirmUpdate file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) Execute the installed imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.