You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Modifications from Ver.1.36
The counting method of the internal counter was optimized to improve reliability.
- You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
- before You start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before You execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM,
You may not be able to start the printer. In this case,
contact a Canon service center or the dealer where You purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.