This product is a printer driver for Canon IJ printers.
- Mac OS X v10.7 has been added as a supported OS.
- The internal modules have been updated.
- In the [Quality & Media] panel, the display of the options of [Print Quality] has been changed from the radio button to the drop-down menu.
- The following problem has been rectified in v10.26.2.0:
The applicable model cannot be selected from the Printer List in the environment where "Parallels Desktop 4" has been installed.
- The problem happens when the models supporting wired / wireless LAN are connected to the network environment has been rectified.
- Supports Mac OS X v10.6.
1.[Mac OS X v10.7]
When printing from TextEdit or Preview, the [Do not show again.] checkbox of the message box displayed on the print dialog does not operate properly. Even after selecting [Do not show again.], the message box is displayed.
2.[Mac OS X v10.7]
With the printer connected to AirMac using a USB cable, when adding the printer from the popup menu "Nearby Printers" of the print dialog, even if it does not support CD/DVD printing depending on the destination, the CD/DVD printing-related items are displayed in [Media Type], [Paper Source], and [Paper Size] of the print dialog.
3.[Mac OS X v10.7]
Immediately after the OS installation, when launching the driver’s help from TextEdit or Preview without printing, the message "The selected topic is currently unavailable..." is displayed. Therefore, the driver’s help is not displayed.
Try either of the following method:
- Launch the driver’s help after printing.
- Launch the help from the application software other than TextEdit and Preview, then open the driver’s help.
4.[Mac OS X v10.5 and 10.6]
When overwriting the old version, the version number of the driver displayed in [Options & supplies] of [Print & Fax] may not be updated.
In the [Print & Fax] window, click the "+" button to register the queue of the applicable driver again after clicking the "-" button to delete the queue of the applicable driver.
5.[Mac OS X v10.5.x]
Printing using Bluetooth connection cannot be performed.
6.[Mac OS X v10.5 and 10.6]
When printing using AirMac via USB cable, the print speed may become slow.
(Case 1) Application: Preview Print data size: 16.0MB
(Case 2) Application: Text Editor Print data size: 8.0KB
Mac OS X v10.5.8
(Case 1) CUPS driver: Approx. 9 min. Legacy driver: Approx. 1 min.
(Case 2) CUPS driver: Approx. 30 sec. Legacy driver: Approx. 30 sec.
Mac OS X v10.6.6
(Case 1) CUPS driver: Approx. 8 min.
(Case 2) CUPS driver: Approx. 5 min.
7.[Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6 and 10.7]
When ColorSync is selected in Color Matching, no operation can be performed in Color Options. All the items other than Sample Type are grayed out.
Procedures for the download and installation
1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files will be saved on the computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the .pkg file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.