EOS 60D/60Da Firmware Version 1.1.1 [Windows]
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes.
1. Fixes a phenomenon where the camera's serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image does not display the correct serial number. *1)
2. Corrects errors in the Greek, Italian, and Portuguese menu screens.
*1) If the camera's serial number is 2147483648 or higher and the camera firmware is Version 1.1.0 or earlier, the images captured with the camera will be affected by the phenomenon listed in 1. above.
This phenomenon only affects the EOS 60D, and does not affect the EOS 60Da. Both of these cameras are equipped with the same firmware.
To obtain the serial number correctly in the shooting information of images that are already captured using the old firmware, we are preparing updates for Digital Photo Professional and ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser applications.
Once the software updates are ready, we will make an announcement on our Web site.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file: Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file. The extracted folder contains the firmware (file name: 60D00111.FIR / file size: 11,601,212 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
Q: Are the previous versions of firmware included in version 1.1.1?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous versions are included:.
Changes in Version 1.1.0:
1. Fixes a phenomenon where the wireless built-in flash settings are reset to defaults when the battery is removed from the camera.
2. Fixes an intermittent phenomenon where image-rotation information is not recognized correctly when shooting with the camera in the vertical position depending on the timing of the shutter release.
Changes in Version 1.0.9:
1. Changes the name of the feature called "Art Filters" to "Creative Filters" (which is used in markets other than Japan) in the Japanese version to make the terms consistent. (This change only applies to the Japanese version and does not apply to other language versions.)
2. Fixes a phenomenon where the camera may operate abnormally when it is set to Quick Mode AF during Live View shooting immediately after capturing an image with the C.Fn II-1 Long exposure noise reduction setting set to [2: On] and a shutter speed setting of 5 seconds or more.
3. Fixes a phenomenon where the camera may operate abnormally when after Live View shooting, the remote switch on the EOS Utility screen is pressed to immediately start movie-shooting. This phenomenon only occurs when the camera is connected to a compatible personal computer and the Remote Live View function of EOS Utility software is being used.
Changes in Version 1.0.8:
1. Fixes a phenomenon where captured images may become overexposed when using the camera's built-in flash or an external Speedlite in combination with the lenses listed below.
a) EF300/4 L IS USM
b) EF28-135/3.5-5.6 IS USM
c) EF75-300/4-5.6 IS USM
d) EF100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS USM