Try The New Compiler!
- New LLVM-based compiler delivers up to 10% faster performance for many applications
New & Improved “Drop-In” Acceleration With GPU-Accelerated Libraries
- Over 1000 new image processing functions in the NPP library
- New cuSPARSE tri-diagonal solver up to 10x faster than MKL on a 6 core CPU
- New support in cuRAND for MRG32k3a and Mersenne Twister (MTGP11213) RNG algorithms
- Bessel functions now supported in the CUDA standard Math library
- Up to 2x faster sparse matrix vector multiply using ELL hybrid format
- Learn more about all the great GPU-Accelerated Libraries
Enhanced & Redesigned Developer Tools
- Redesigned Visual Profiler with automated performance analysis and expert guidance
- CUDA_GDB support for multi-context debugging and assert() in device code
- CUDA-MEMCHECK now detects out of bounds access for memory allocated in device code
- Parallel Nsight 2.1 CUDA warp watch visualizes variables and expressions across an entire CUDA warp
- Parallel Nsight 2.1 CUDA profiler now analyzes kernel memory activities, execution stalls and instruction throughput
- Learn more about debugging and performance analysis tools for GPU developers on our CUDA Tools and Ecosystem Summary Page
Advanced Programming Features
- Access to 3D surfaces and cube maps from device code
- Enhanced no-copy pinning of system memory, cudaHostRegister() alignment and size restrictions removed
- Peer-to-peer communication between processes
- Support for resetting a GPU without rebooting the system in nvidia-smi
New & Improved SDK Code Samples
- SimpleP2P sample now supports peer-to-peer communication with any Fermi GPU
- New grabcutNPP sample demonstrates interactive foreground extraction using iterated graph cuts
- New samples showing how to implement the Horn-Schunck Method for optical flow, perform volume filtering, and read cube map texture
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.