Dell Client Deployment Plugin Installer pack installed as an add-on to Microsoft ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 helps administrators simplify the image deployment process on Dell Systems in their Enterprise Environment. With the plug-in installed, the end user will be able to use the capabilities to:-
1. Import drivers packs released in ‘CAB’ format from Dell Support Website
2. Create Windows Vista and XP Deployment task sequence
3. Remotely Configure BIOS using Client Configuration Toolkit
1.Allows importing of CCTK packages through a right click feature. This is different from the previous version which lays down the CCTK package at install time and does not have the capability to import newer CCTK packages
.To import,navigate to "Software Distribution" -> "Packages" after opening SCCM.
.Right click "Packages" and choose "Dell CCTK Package Import" -> "Import Dell CCTK Package"
.Dell CCTK Wizard shows up. Browse and select the latest CCTK msi installed on the machine and click Finish.
.A new CCTK package is created under "Software Distribution" -> "Packages" -> "Dell Client
2.Task Sequence wizard picks up the latest CCTK package installed in SCCM.
When a new task sequence template is created using the plugin, DCDP 1.2 detects the latest CCTK package installed on SCCM and references that to create Taks sequence templates.
Also, the newer CCTK packages come with a CCTKErrorCodes.xml file from which the result codes are pulled in and added to the task template.
3. AdminUI console now supports additionally features like importing CCTK packages, importing Driver packages and storage drivers. All these features were not enabled in 1.2. Only task sequence templates could be created from the AdminUI console before. In order to use these features please follow the same instructions that are listed for site server installation of SCCM.
4. With DCDP 1.2 , the Dell client and server plugins can co-exist in the same SCCM console.