Intel Play QX3 Computer Microscope -- Software
Intel? Play? QX3? Computer Microscope
June 28 2002
IMPORTANT NOTE: Intel recommends downloading this file with a broadband Internet connection. Due to the large file size, Internet traffic, your location and connection speed, this download will likely take several minutes or longer.
If you have a low speed Internet connection or expect a long download time, please consider using a download manager. A download manager will allow you to download part of a file and resume the rest of the download without losing your progress after a lost connection. Below are links to some download managers that we have used with success:
--Accelerator Plus -- http://www.speedbit.com**
--FreshDownload -- http://www.freshdevices.com**
[These third-party links are provided as a courtesy to you. Intel does not endorse companies or products to which it links. If you decide to access third party sites linked to this Site and decide to use third party software, you do this entirely at your own risk.]
This software update download adds support for the English versions of Microsoft Windows* 2000 and XP operating systems and is available in the English language only.
Who should download and install this file:
- Customers who need Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP support, but have an older version of the Intel(R) Play(TM) QX3(TM) Computer Microscope software which does not support Windows 2000 or XP.
Download and install this file ONLY if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Unable to install an older version of the software for the Intel(R) Play(TM) QX3(TM) Computer Microscope onto Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP. The installation program incorrectly reports that you have “Windows 3.1”
- During the installation of the Intel(R) Play(TM) QX3+(TM) Computer Microscope software onto Microsoft Windows XP, you get a warning message from Windows that the hardware software has not passed Windows Logo testing and strongly recommends that the installation is stopped.
Who should NOT download and install this file:
- This QX3PLUS.EXE file is NOT NEEDED for customers who have the “QX3+” version of the microscope product and ONLY need Windows 2000 support. The QX3+ CD already includes support for Windows 2000. There are no additional benefits in obtaining the software update download or CD.
- Customers who already have obtained a copy of the Software Update CD for Windows 2000 & XP. There are no additional benefits in obtaining the software update download. The only differences between the Update Download and the Update CD are as follows:
- Update download does not contain collection samples
- Update download requires DirectX* 8.0 prior to installing the download (Customers with Windows 2000 can download the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft's web site). **Customers with Windows XP do not need to update DirectX. Windows XP already includes DirectX 8.1.)
System requirements for this download:
- Broadband Internet Connection (recommended)
- 450 MB of free hard disk space to save and install this download (250MB will be freed after installation)
- USB enabled computer
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows* XP
- 200 Mhz Intel(R) Pentium(R) or Celeron(TM) processor or faster
- Minimum 32 MB RAM
- Quad speed (4x) or faster CD-Rom drive
- SVGA 800 x 600 video display resolution at 16 bit color
- 16 bit Windows-compatible sound device
- Microsoft DirectX* 8.0 or higher (Windows XP already includes DirectX 8.1)
- Standard keyboard and mouse
How to apply this download:
- Download the QX3PLUS.EXE file to your hard drive.
- Uninstall any previous versions of the microscope software prior to installing this download.
- Verify that Microsoft DirectX 8.0 or higher is installed on your computer if you have Windows 2000.
Note: Customers with Windows 2000 may or may not need to download the latest version of DirectX. Customers with Windows XP do not need to update DirectX. The Windows XP operating system already includes DirectX 8.1.
To check the DirectX version:
- Click Start, click Run, type in dxdiag, then click OK.
- In the DirectX Diagnostics Tool window, the DirectX version will be listed on the System tab.
- The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from Microsoft’s web site at:
Can't download this file?:
If you are experiencing problems in downloading this file, try downloading this file again using the following suggestions:
- Try a download manager as described above in the "Important Note".
- If you are already using a download manager, try disabling the download manager software before downloading this file.
- Try clearing your web browser's cache and going directly to our ftp site to download this file. Note: This link will take you away from the Intel site. Intel is not responsible for the content on third party sites or trademarks therein.
Size : 95922KB
Intel® Desktop Board DH57JG -- LAN: Intel® PRO Network Connections Driver for Intel® Desktop Boards for Windows XP*
HP TouchSmart IQ830be Desktop PC -- HP Support Assistant
- ThunderSoft Flash to Audio Converter 1.7.0
- Cute AVI Converter 4.7
- Satellite P50t-A Win8 64bit: Intel Display Driver
- RasterVect 19.2
- Satellite L830 Win8 64bit: TOSHIBA Function Key
- NeuroXL Clusterizer 4.0.2
- MAGIC Photo Denoiser 1.0.0
- ImTOO DVD to iPod Converter 6.6.0.0623
- 4Videosoft Blu-ray to AVI Ripper 3.3.26
- ChatBlazer 8.5.004